Tuesday, June 30, 2009

My Husband's 54th Birthday Celebration

The week before my husband's birthday we were so busy. We had a friend that her husband was in the hospital. My husband was giving a bag of blood to him. They were both Type A. After that they went to the hospital again because of some financial problems. We were busy and no time to plan what to do on my husband's birthday. 2 days before his birthday it came out in my mind what to do. We made a confetti with just plastics cutting inside the box. And a poster that we put on the wall with HAPPY BIRTHDAY in it. I draw and made the poster. I let Riza my sister to cut the plastics into small pieces. We put the plastics inside the box. I wrapped the box with white paper. And I wrote HAPPY BIRTHDAY. I put messages inside the box. The messages was Happy Birthday from:




1. Leif


2. John and Lisa


3. Lauren


4. From Me


5. Nathan


6. Mark Jesper


7. Riza


8. Leo


9. Lorna


10. Joebert


11. Arvin


12. Lorena


13. Loie


14. Phoebe


15. Haiza Marie


16. Ronald


17. President Obama and President Arroyo (just for fun)




I bought a sky blue cartolina for the poster. I wrote Happy Birthday and draw 3 balloons in both sides. Two candles at the bottom and put 2009.




The night before his birthday I made a birthday card (a handmade card only) for my husband. I have no time to buy a nice birthday card and even a birthday present for him. Because it's hard we always go together anywhere. I can't do or buy something to surprise him. I can't think of a thing and what to buy. So I ended up making a birthday card for him. I put the card at the top of the T.V. He went to bed early the night of January12th. I did not slept well that night because I was so excited for him and our birthday surprises for him. It wasn't so fancy but for us the thoughts and heartily made and planned that counts.


At 4 in the morning, I went out in our room. I put the poster on the wall. Then maybe after an hour I woke up my sister Riza to help me hang the confetti above the door of our bedroom. My husband finally got up and went out. And when he opened the door the plastic falls. He did not know that there was a message in it. So I told him to check it before he swept it. He found the messages. He did not yet see the poster on the wall. The last thing he found was my birthday card. Well, it was fun but I don't know for my husband. What can you say Honey?


Husband here: It was the best birthday of my life! The only ones to compare are 21 (or 22) in Mexico up the field zoology class where they did an all night and total surprise birthday party at a tiny cantina right on the Carribean next to all kinds of cool volcanoes in a big biological preserve and maybe my 5oth (a long story but the caviar, champaigne and Asian salads were really good!). But my 54th birthday was literally a 24 hour experience which I just learned after reading Lita's entry here. The best was the confetti "booby trap and 2 birthday cakes!" Except fr the love my whole family here showed me and how much they......(I lost the continuation of my husband's message).


After the birthday card, confetti and poster we went to Gaisano to buy what we need for the foods we cook for my husband's birthday. Lorna my sister was the one who cooked. We had humba, pancit, potato sala, fruit salad, turnips salad, bola-bola, leche flan, mango and chocolate cake, ice cream from Tony and Meldee, watermelon, lettuce salad and pork menudo.


My Husband's Guests are:


1. Anthony and Meldee Rose Stanco

2. Rocco and Vito Stanco (their sons)

3. Glenalyn (house helper)

4. Ging-ging and Apple (Meldee's sister)

5. Else a friend

6. Dane (Meldee's nephew)

7. Archie (Meldee's cousin


We all enjoyed My Husband's Birthday!!!

No comments: