Saturday, January 30, 2010

Angelita's 26th Birthday (March 28, 2009)





First of all, thanks God for all the blessings. We were busy on my birthday. I and Mark went to Tabunok market to buy vegetables and spices for the food we are going to cook. Then later went to the market in Dumlog to buy pork. I think we spent more than one thousand for the pork only! Then we went to Gaisano Fiesta Mall for more food shopping. And we also bought a mango cake just for our family. What we prepared the night before my birthday was macaroni salad, potato salad, and the humba.

It’s my birthday day! I did not slept well because Nathan was cranky (crying and crying). We started preparing and cooking. We had lumpia, pancit, humba, afritada, potato salad, turnips salad, leche flan, macaroni salad, pork with bread crumbs, ice cream (mango and chocolate flavor) and my birthday cake. Lorna my sister and Chona (Lorna’s sister in law) cooked the foods. I made the potato salad and turnips salad. Lorna made the leche flan, macaroni salad, and humba and Chona did the rest.

My birthday guests are Hartmut Runge (My Aunt’s husband, Hersel my cousin, Ivandale my cousin, Herald (Hersel’s son), Chona (Lorna’s sister in law), Hannah (Chona’s daughter), Ronald (Lorna’s husband), Lorna my sister, Haiza Marie (Lorna’s daughter), my brothers Loie and Arvin, and Lorena my sister. Only Joebert my brother was not around. My friends were here also Meldee Rose Stanco and Else Aringoy.

We had a good lunch and thanks God that was my first great birthday celebration.
My gifts are birthday card and bookmarker from Meldee, black shoes from my husband, and the funniest birthday celebration I ever had was that Hartmut’s gift for me was a frying pan with a big round bread in it!.

I really liked the bread from Hartmut. It’s my favorite since when I was staying at their house when I was still studying college and not yet married. Even when I was pregnant with Nathan when Hartmut was in the Philippines I really asked him bread. It is home baked bread and I like the taste.

For me, that was my big birthday celebration. Having friends and families on my birthday was great. Thanks God for the blessings. My birthday wish and prayer was to have a good health and my family too.

For my husband, thank you so much for the gift on my birthday. I can’t have a nice birthday celebration (with cake, lots of friends and guests) without his support especially financial….hehehe.

My guests went home early so we finished early and cleaned up right away. For me it was not tiring. Everybody was helping me. Phoebe our house helper, Lorna, Lorena, Riza, Leo, Mark my husband, Chona and Ronald.

No comments: