Saturday, January 3, 2009

The Jaunzems Family (Mark Jesper's birth, Christmas and New Year's Celebration of Year 2008



Spent the new year 2009 here in Dumlog, Talisay. With my husband, with our 2 boys Nathan Earl and Mark Jesper, Lorena and Riza (sisters), Arvin, Leo and Joebert (brothers) and with friends (Tony and Meldy, Vito and Rocco (sons), Michelle and Apple (Meldy's sister's) Dane (Michelle's son), and Glenalyn (their househelper).

I was so busy and tired preparing and cooking for the New Year's Eve. We had potato salad, biko, maja, sliced bread, choco mousse cake and champagne from our friends, orange chiffon cake, turnips salad, fruit salad, macaroni salad, spaghetti, pancit, bola bola, wine, and the 13 round fruits. Watched the beautiful fireworks outside. We did not buy fire crackers because its dangerous. Well, it was fun New Year's Eve celebration with family and friends. Thanks God for all the blessings. Enjoyed eating and watching fireworks. We were tired and sleepy but it was a good start for the year 2009.

Back to the Year 2008. Well, I really don't know how and where to start. But I think what I can remember will help me. For me, Year 2008 was great even too busy and tired. Busy and tired because we had 2 babies which is now 1 .4 year old and 4 months old soon. It's so complicated, hard and really tiring. Sometimes I almost give up and cried. Especially after birth of our 2nd baby. My husband was not here. But at least Year 2008 was great. My family are healthy (not perfectly healthy) and thanks God we are together. Even there are misunderstandings, arguments, and fights. But its a part of living, as what it is called the spice of life.

Last September 23, 2008 I gave birth to our 2nd baby. His name is Mark Jesper. Born at 6:26 p.m. at Perpetual Succour Hospital. He weigh 8.1 pounds and thanks God again a healthy baby and normal delivery. I did again the normal delivery. I don't want to be a cesarian and expensive also to have a cesarian birth. So I really worked hard to push him out. I was tired and even the doctor was tired after the he came out.

I am so thankful to God and proud that I did it. During the pregnancy when I found out the ultrasound that he is a big baby I really tried to have a limit in my food intake. But I can't stop eating!!! What I did is just keep eating and just praying that I will have the normal delivery.

Last Christmas we had fruit salad, pancit, spaghetti, maja, macaroni with chicken salad and potato salad. Diana my cousin and her bab y spent Christmas Eve with us. We were opening our Christmas gifts at 12 midnight. I gave a wallet to Mark and he gave me an earring. We gave shirts for my brothers Arvin, Leo, Joebert and Loie. A blouse for my sisters Lorna and Riza and a sandal for Lorena. For Diana's baby a dress and I gave eye pencil and soap for Diana. Well opening gifts was fun!!! And also lots of garbage from the christmas wrappers....

Husband now- While Lita was pushing and pushing I was far away working and working (again). This time delivery was better as I totally trusted Lita, her family and the doctor. I talked to her on the way to the hospital then the next time we talked 'MJ' was already born. (Lita called me back soon after I called and talked to Loie her brother-who did not say very much). My work was better this summer (08) as my supervisor became a real friend and we even asked him to be a godfather - Matt agreed too! The land where I worked was not quite as interesting but the people were just great. I worked on a fire also (in Oregon) and got to see the most beautiful spot I've ever witnessed 'Crater Lake' National Park. That was early September so I was worried about Lita and the new baby coming early but it all worked out fine thank God! Also had the chance to visit my sister at her new house in New York state and meet her friend Betsy. Also got a chance to see Fred Case a few times and got to know Ian and his family alot better. Stayed with Emmet at Pidgeon Lake and St. Point as usual and spent a 'wild' weekend with Tristan and Collin camping in the rain and wind! Emmet even gave me a ride to Don Waller's house in Madison. So I get to see them (except for Nora who's in college now and I left a note for her). Then the long flight.

So great to see Lita at the airport with MJ, Nathan and everyone!!!









No comments: